Online short courses for telehealth providers
Online short courses / modules for telehealth providers
Below are links to some selected free or fee paying online education courses and modules designed to systematically prepare healthcare providers to deliver telehealth.
ACRRM Telehealth Education Modules
Introduction to Telehealth
ACRRM has developed a number of Introduction to Telehealth educational modules in partnership with other colleges and organisations.
1st - 2nd August 2020 RACGP ACCREDITED
GP telemedicine training provides a detailed, comprehensive, interactive two-day training program, delivered by experienced and trained telemedicine practitioners. The program is clinically orientated and is an approved RACGP accredited activity with 40 CPD points.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- Select the most appropriate technology for conducting telemedicine consultations
- Design and implement workflow and logistics to establish telemedicine at the practice level, including how to prescribe and refer patients for tests and specialist consultations
- Conduct a quality, safe and effective telemedicine consultation, including communication and messaging to the patient, performing a physical examination remotely, taking a history, using images, and managing emergencies
- Know when a patient’s condition can be managed safely via telemedicine and when they should be referred for face to face physical examination, using telemedicine clinical guidelines
- Identify regulatory and medico-legal aspects of telemedicine, including privacy, consent, and billing
Three Rivers UDRH Telehealth Education
Telehealth — Embracing technology in healthcare
Three Rivers University Department of Rural Health provides a free online course and available to any interested learner studying a health course (including TAFE students) or health professionals.
The course consists of four modules: Telehealth Overview; Technology; Telehealth in Practice; and Sustainable Telehealth. The curriculum and contents were developed by an advisory group of Charles Sturt University academics, health professionals from the Murrumbidgee, and Western NSW regions along with telehealth experts.
A certificate of completion is awarded once completed.
COVID-19 Education and Evaluation
COVID-19 Coronavirus in Australia
This continuously updating module provides crucial information on the primary care response to COVID-19, incorporating practical recommendations from the Department of Health, World Health Organisation, RACGP, and other leading bodies.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.